Easy Saving Water During Water Shortages

http://profesor-anecado.blogspot.com/2015/10/easy-saving-water-during-water-shortages.html

Global warming and sea level rise, but shortages of water.

Earth heats up and the ice caps melt, sea levels began to rise - and what we have - a hose pipe ban and the situation of "water, water everywhere and not a drop to drink"!
Water saving water shortage

After each long winter, warm and sunny weather finally arrived - together with a hose pipe ban for many of us. I am fortunate to live in an area that is not banned the use of hose-pipe, but because I have a water meter, I am very aware of how much water I use. I want to be able to say that my concern is only for the environment, and that does not matter to me, but the amount of my bill is somewhat more important factor at this time. I already have three water-butts and two plastic garbage cans to store rain water, but they do not last very long when you are watering Hauls runner beans. So I have started to save my shower! Recycled water is known as "gray water" and May or water bath or shower, wash water from the washing machine. You can use this water in your garden to grow plants and shrubs, but it is not a good idea to water the fruit and vegetables with this method saves water because the chemicals used in a variety of soap products. Also, if you want to save the water from the washing machine, then you need to change to non-bio washing powder or liquid. Wash water needs to be filtered first - but this can be done by pouring the water stored in the watering can or bucket through an old pair of tights (is no end to the use of long stockings?)

So, my shower water is now collected and saved instead of going straight down the drain. My next door neighbor has been very helpful and put a piece of extension into the pipe connected to the outlet of my shower so now entered into a large container. But he did it in a way that means I can return switch back to channel water during the winter. I should add that I stayed in a bungalow, so it is not too big a job. The container was given to me and my neighbor got a piece of pipe in his garage, so there is no cost involved in saving water. I manage to save about 50 liters of water per bath, which is sufficient for my water shrubs and plants that are not yet established and the roots grow down far enough to get enough moisture itself. I never thought it worth watering the lawn, although I realize some people want green grass, uneven and brown like mine.

If the channel you are in place, which means you cannot put a nearby container, and you do not want to carry watering cans through your home, there are a lot of gadgets now available from gardening stores and on the internet. This is called "drought buster" and, in essence, a long hose pipe with a "ball" on one end and using atmospheric pressure to draw water from the bath and through a hose pipe. Some squeeze the bulb to start the water flow and, if the pipe long enough, you can put the end through a window into a container. Hoses can be extended by using a standard hose connector pipe.

I know you can also purify water with certain plants, so after I have watered the garden with water stored I think I will look for my books to see the reeds that will clean water from the washing machine - then I would be able to top the pool !

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Support by: Informasi Gadget Terbaru - Dewa Chord Gitar | Lirik Lagu - Kebyar Info
Copyright © 2015 Education Information Design by SHUKAKU4RT - All Rights Reserved