Did you know that audio books are becoming more and more popular every day? For example, in 2004, more than $ 124 worth of audio books were sold in the UK and $ 120 million in Germany in 2005. Experts say that this year the market is expected to increase by 20% in Europe, and audio books seem to be more popular in the United States,
But why are audio versions a convenient way to "read" a book?
1) You save time, because you can listen to an audio book anywhere and everywhere, and you can even do other things at the same time. You can listen when driving to and from work, when walking the dog, biking, working around the house or at the computer, exercising, and so on. The possibilities are endless.
According to the survey, in the United States people are driving an average of 1 hour 13 minutes every day, which means more than 440 hours per year for each driver, or 11 full-time work week. This is great! Imagine how many things you can learn during this time by simply having your MP3 player with audio books at hand.
2) If you like to read but do not have enough time, audio books can give you the opportunity to read more books that you will not have time for. Audio books are a great way to fill those "dead" that we all have in our lives.
3) Audio books good for people who are older, pain, or recovery and can be a wonderful gift for someone in a nursing institution. It is a gift that they can remember and enjoy time after time.
4) Audio books can be a blessing for the blind, disabled or people with impaired vision. Everyone should have the opportunity to experience and enjoy a book and in many cases, this is the only way for them to do so.
Talking books can help people improve their education, help them develop new hobbies and habits and greatly enriching their life, both personally and professionally.
5) the most important skill that a child can ever acquire is probably the ability to read, and audiobooks can be easily used to stimulate literacy in children. Books can be listened to by children while following the story in the paper book. Or they could listen just to gain and improve communication skills and vocabulary. If you want to instill in your child the love of reading, audio books can be a good start.
There are many other benefits of using audio books, but even these few reasons should be enough to convince you to enter the exciting world of spoken books.